Earn a $50 Prepaid Visa/MasterCard for Recommending Corps Members
North Carolina Education Corps was created in the midst of the pandemic to support students and teachers in an unprecedented time. Along with the rest of society, we are blown away by teachers’ commitment and stamina in a year like no other.
We are excited that we will be enhancing our support for teachers and students statewide this coming school year by providing high-impact early literacy tutors to K-3 students in 20+ school districts. Our tentative public school units are:
- Bladen County Schools
- Cherokee County Schools
- Halifax County Public Schools
- Henderson Collegiate
- Hertford County Public Schools
- Martin County Schools
- Northampton Public Schools
- Pitt County Schools
- Scotland County Schools
- Vance County Schools
- Weldon City Schools
- Ashe County Schools
- Granville County Schools
- Guilford County Schools
- Lexington City Schools
- Mt. Airy City Schools
- Newton-Conover City Schools
- Stanly County Schools
- Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools
- Durham Public Schools
- Iredell-Statesville Schools
- Johnston County Schools
- Transylvania County Schools
- Wake County Public School System
Our commitment to teachers
We will recruit 250 highly qualified corps members by July 20th.
We will rigorously train, including having them go through DPI’s Reading Research to Classroom practice training in early September.
We will deploy corps members to support K-3 teachers and students across the state by mid September.
Our goal is to come alongside teachers on the frontlines by providing supplemental social, emotional, and academic support for your students.
Our ideal candidates can give either 10-15 hrs/wk or 20-25 hrs/wk. They commit to eight months of service as early literacy tutors. Our corps members love students, are go-getters, radiate positivity, are flexible, and are fueled by a passion for launching the futures of young North Carolinians.
Help us help you
There is no better person to help us recruit the best corps members to work as early grades literacy tutors than elementary school teachers. You know people in your community who are passionate about education. And we want to empower you to recommend strong candidates whom you or your peers might like to work with next year.
With this in mind, we have created the teacher referral program. Participation is easy.
- Share basic information about yourself using our simple form.
- Share names and contact information for at least two folks you believe would make exceptional corps members. Read about our ideal candidate here. We’ll follow up with them to share more information about the program.
- We’ll send you a recruitment toolkit if you’d like to share about NC Ed Corps with your extended network.
- The first 200* teachers to participate will receive a $50 prepaid Visa/MasterCard as a thank you for your amazing support. Any teachers who participate after the first 200 participants will be entered into a raffle for a $250 prepaid Visa/Mastercard, along with the first 200 participants.
We would LOVE to have you join us in this important endeavor.
*To earn a $50 prepaid Visa/MasterCard you must be an elementary teacher that refers two (2) legitimate candidates (working emails) in a participating district. Electronic prepaid gift cards will be distributed within 2-3 weeks of participation.
We are so grateful for you and the many ways you support NC students in the classroom and beyond!
Teacher referral form
Referrals for prospective corps members in tentative participating districts only, please. You must submit this form two (2) times to be eligible for a prepaid VISA/MasterCard.