NC Education Corps Application
Tutor | Wake County Public Schools
Thank you so much for your interest in the North Carolina Education Corps. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will be in touch with you if you advance to the next round in our application process.
This application does not allow you to save your answers and come back. Please be prepared to complete the application in full.
Questions about the application? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weekly Commitment: 29 hours/ week
Role: Tutor (K-2 literacy)
Location: In-person availability required
Open Positions: 30
Start Date: April 1, 2021
End Date: July 31, 2021
Tutors will assess, assist and encourage K-2 students in the learning processes. They will review class materials, explain course topics, and answer student questions. They will help students and teachers use technology effectively for remote learning. Some administrative instructional support will be expected in this role. This position must be able to travel in the district although exceptions may be made.
Schedules tutoring appointments with parents and students and arrive on time and prepared for the day’s lesson.
- Works with lead teachers to use educational materials to further demonstrate subject matter to be covered in tutoring sessions.
- Assesses the progress of assigned students to ensure effective processes
Plan creative lessons to engage and educate students.
- Finds a quiet workspace for tutoring safely.
- Establishes a friendly, encouraging and welcoming environment for students
- Connects with parents and keep them informed of student’s progress and areas to be improved.
- Reports back to the assigner (teacher, counselor etc) on the hours and progress.
- Promotes high standards for academic success and behavior and continually encourage students to meet them.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Learning preferred.
- Experience working with tutoring, teaching, youth engagement, or sports
- Passion and excitement for the subject being taught.
- Experience working with children in a non-supervised setting.
- Theoretical and practical understanding of the subject to be taught.
- Personal accountability and reliability when scheduling sessions with parents and students.
- Ability to teach students of all ages at varying levels of understanding and proficiency.
Preferred but not required:
- Experience assessing the progress of assigned students to ensure effective processes.
- Professional experience preparing lesson plans and personalized instruction.
- Education in teaching methodology, theory and processes.