NC Education Corps Application
Contact Tracer | Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools
Thank you so much for your interest in the North Carolina Education Corps. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will be in touch with you if you advance to the next round in our application process.
This application does not allow you to save your answers and come back. Please be prepared to complete the application in full.
Questions about the application? Email us email@example.com.
A Contact Tracer is a professional responsible for contacting individuals and gathering critical information from residents diagnosed with COVID-19. The main roles are interviewing, data collection and health education in a professional, empathetic and culturally sensitive manner.
Weekly Commitment: 20-25 hours/ week
Role: Contact Tracer
Location: Primarily virtual work, but in-person availability is required.
Open Positions: 35
Start Date: April 1, 2021
End Date: May 31, 2021
- Interviewing & Data Collection: Calls newly diagnosed patients and contacts of newly diagnosed patients to gather information and inform contacts of potential exposure.
- Communicates with contacts in a professional, empathetic, and culturally sensitive manner.
- Collects and records information on demographics, current symptoms, current health status, and possible high-risk settings into Contact Tracing/Contact Information Management system.
- Health Education Provides contacts with approved information about state quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refers them to testing according to protocol.
- Following established procedures and/or script, inform contacts about the importance of quarantine and what to do if symptoms develop.
- Provides contacts with relevant healthcare resources as appropriate.
- Data Entry & Maintenance Utilizes established database(s) to identify newly diagnosed patients and contacts for tracing efforts.
- Inputs data collected (i.e. symptoms, contacts, etc.) into database and assures database is kept up to date
- Provides data from Contact Tracing efforts and calls to Epidemiologists and/or Health Educators as necessary.
- Prior experience in school settings, public health, or other health related services.
- Customer service and excellent interpersonal skills
- Data entry capture and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of or coursework in medical terminology a plus.
- Basic crisis counseling and understanding of patient confidentiality skills a plus.